Tuesday, May 31, 2005

Late post?

[CuRRent MooD:] Normal, a bit warm -.-

[CuRRent Song:] !Attention! - Into The Inner Space

Well, this blog entry is about 2 weeks ago when I met up wif Jaz over at Orchard. She wasn't that early so I was there first...I guess I've not been into Orchard MRT for a long time ard that kind of time (4+ pm) so this is what I saw...

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

And these...

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

And finally...a close up one...

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

When was the last time I went Orchard and noticed THESE much pple wif clipboards on their hands and asking for donations?

I was approached by the white "kawaii-listic" ger and she asked for $10 donation to aid some xxx organisation (I can't remember which, certainly something which I've never heard before)...well, I guess she's unlucky enough to be asking poor Luke for money, so I tried to kindly refuse her.

"Ehm, I guess I do not have much money here..." - I said.

"Then how much do you think you can donate?"

"Sorry, but I'm really broke..." - Me

When I arrived the scene and saw them, I was puzzled wif their age. I mean, of course, anyone could've guessed their age judging from dressing, and her height + her heels didn't really go beyond my chin at all...but I was like thinking...so young and out to ask such costly $10 donations...it does not really convince me. Just when I was puzzled about her age, one thing convinced me.

"Oh ok lor, bye bye" - she said to me meekly, smiling a little waving her hand jus a lil like 3-5cm away from her cheek - something which to me only 12 yr old gals (or younger) would do.

I guess there can only be one reason they can win donations - thru their "kawaii-ness".

Notice the first pics where I show another gal, I'm not sure if she belongs to the "donation party" but she does look as though she is holding the same thing those two young gals has. They have things in common when gaining donations - dressing. They really rise to the occasion while asking for donations...(rhymes)

At least the person who asked for a movie survey was in modest wear...hmmm. Well I guess if it's for a real cause for donation, it's ok but...

...my fren shared wif me a fact I didn't know.

I guess you noticed those pple selling those $2 donation tickets saying what and what organisation needs help, esp those poor kids and stuff? My fren sold those before, and she told me that the company in charge of these donation tickets actually do donate the money...that is, 1% of it.

I'll repeat it again - 1% = 2 cents.

YES, 2 cents I'm talking about. We donate $2 for charity and only 2 cents go to them. How about $1.98? They go for "administrative, operation and misc" costs - including labour?

Sometimes we should consider whether we are really donating to the poor or to the rich. Think it over.

.LuKe.

No comments: