Tuesday, March 15, 2005

Peaceful day? Calm before the storm

[CuRRent MooD:] Relaxed

[CuRRent Song:] Brian Transeau - Flaming June

The posting page looks weird, but oh well.

Nothing much to say the least, my last update was on Sunday. Since then I've been adding pple to my previous post cos I kept missing out pple who wished me a good birthday. Come of which, I think I should think more of those who remembered rather than those whom I wanted them to remember, isn't it?

I tackled Mad's system on Sunday and boy it was a traumatic experience (nah, not that bad really). Gave me weird problems, weird beepings here and there...initially what thought to be a faulty motherboard turned out much worse. I had a report of faulty or incompatible graphics card (I slotted mine and it worked), then installation of Windows XP halts right after the files are loaded into memory. That totally stumped me, so I got Dave to help me with it.

"I tell you, it should be processor." he commented in mandarin.

-.- is she fortunate or what? Post upgrade of my system, I left behind my Duron 1200Mhz chip, my DDR2100 128MB x 2 (one suspected defective) and a ATI Radeon 7000 64MB graphics card...and to tink I utilised every single of them to her system. I changed the processor (I hate detaching processors from the motherboard) and ta-da! It worked. -.- Mobo changed, processor down, graphics card down. Her system now is running at AMD Duron 1.2GHz (mine), Abit VA20 Mobo (hers), ATI Radeon 7000 64MB (mine), Kingston DDR2100 384MB (256 - hers, 128 - mine). Talking about 'hybrids' or 'corporation'...

Got her system completely up and working yesterday (this morning to be exact, at 12+ midnight), and off I went home. Another computer job done, her name is off the list. Kaiwei's comp is currently managed by her own brother, Jinhui and Jos is not looking for me just yet to solve problems so I guess it's free for me at the moment. Ms Tang did ask about upgrading options though.

Oh yea, yesterday evening I met up wif Vivi cos she was down on budget and could not afford her cosmetics...I guess the only way I can encourage on her quest for stardom (ok that sounds exaggerating) is to support just dis lil bit of stuff, hence I went down Jurong Point to meet up wif her and Geraldine. I can tell Ger is a crap person (just like me), jus that probably cos of my existence she's not duly comfortable just yet. After that Ger left and we went McCafe to sit chat and makan. Then I went home, mop the floor and went to help Mad wif her comp. She seems pretty happy right now things are on track.

That's abt it.

Oh yea I knoe my current skin sucks. I'll see what I can do. *shakes brain profusely*

.LuKe.

No comments: