Tuesday, March 08, 2005

Let's go to the show~

[CuRRent MooD:] A bit tired, a bit smile, ok lor

[CuRRent Song:] Dave Rodgers - Let's Go To The Show K2 Auto Messe

As said in the earlier post, I went out wif Sunshine and watched A Series of Unfortunate Events. Anyway let me backtrack a lil.

Saturday:
Went to meet up wif Sylvia over at Orchard. Went to Apple Centre, and walk to Cineleisure, den to PS to meet up wif Patrick and Limin (her frens). Den went over to Park Mall to makan Hans (which I tink is not worth the money) which after that we took train to Lakeside and went to Limin's place which we took cab (and I paid). Reach there le Limin's mom almost immediately got us playing blackjack which I'm fortunate enough to not lose any money at all. However they got me to play Daidee which the end I lost till only left 2 dollars I think. Of cos, I didn't really lose a lot, but being winning then losing is quite a sian feeling lor. After that sent Sylvia back home before I went home in NR5.
Sometimes I can't understand why Sylvia can still hold on the feelings she has for me. I mean I didn't really do anything much that will make her feel so touched (well I guess that's what I assume) but it seems she still has the feelings for me. I really wonder if I should consider the relationship again. That brings us to Sunday.

Sunday:
Woke up at ehm...11am. Hmmm. Supposed to go Ms Tang's place at 1230. Rest a while more. When I woke up, I checked my phone - 1210. OMG! ARGH! Msged her to say I'll be late, then got myself to prepare the stuff (well I brought out the same bag I bring to work everyday), den en route Ms Tang's place.
Took bus 75 and stopped at NP's second bus stop. Walked over the place I supposed to go (I had the complimentary directory by NTUC and it really rocks!) and checked out the address. Hmmm. Bukit Timah. Apartments. Ok...so I recalled I'm supposed to call her so I did. Then she guided me to her place and I went up.
Well I must say seeing Ms Tang in casual is a lil different from seeing her in school (well of course there is a difference. DuH), then I wasted no time and tried diagnosed her system. First thing I noticed - slow. Second thing? Slow. Third thing...still SLOW. What's wrong? I thought it's running some old PC but turned out it's a P4 1.6GHz. Where has gone wrong...oh. RAM = 128MB. But still, WinXP should not run THIS slow under 128MB unless...it's SDRAM. Checked BIOS - 100MHz assigned to SDRAM. Looks like SDRAM. Checked wif Dave my dealer and his first exclamation is "Impossible!" cos his knowledge dictates that P4 does not run on SDRAM, which was what I remembered too...however the BIOS really stated 100MHz. What is wrong? She told me IE can't work, so I had to reinstall IE = reinstall OS since IE is incorporated into WinXP. Oh man IT IS SLOW. I can't imagine that 1.6GHz + 128MB RAM can be THIS slow. Bla Bla bLa.
Once again, I upheld the fact that chatting wif pple ard my age does have its nice advantages. Chatting wif Ms Tang is no exception either, and her status being someone from China did make me more interested to know more abt her life and stuff so we jus got into casual conversations like school, food, and some other stuff - of cos not leaving computers since that's the precise reason why I'm at her house in the first place. I do have to say she has a nice smile. I like gals who are cute and has a nice smile. NO NO NO do not drift your mind to any stupid dimension. Ms Tang's a teacher and I respect teachers for their profession and their patience towards teaching. I guess it's a nice experience to spend the day with her making small talk and explaining to her abt comp stuff which I notice she does try to make light of what I'm trying to say. Really a learning teacher - I checked out her house and saw like wow, books and books - learning English, better English bla bla bla...I must admit she really worked hard to be what she is right now.
After I managed to install her WinXP, I had her to find the CDs associated wif the hardware as well as the receipt. I am marvelled as she actually keeps them in check and even the receipt is kept pretty well - I'm so full of applause for her neatness and organisation. I read the receipt. -.- 128MB DDR SDRAM. JUST WHAT IS HAPPENING??? Wait. I read an article abt overclocking a week ago and they mentioned abt tweaking speeds and stuff. Does that mean the BIOS cocked up the settings? To only underrun DDR at 100MHz instead of 266MHz (133 x 2)??? OMG! I better check that out the next visit, since I need to install my spare DDR266 RAM so she can boost her system.
I started at 1315 and ended at ard 2000. OMG it's like 7 hours spent at her place wif her computer!!! I can't believe I took THAT long to setup a system! Ouch. LOLx...
I left her place and went to meet Ben n Kaiwei cos Ben is abt to go for NS in SCDF, while Kaiwei wanted some neopics. By the time we met it's 2100. -.- duh. After hanging ard a bit, went home.

Monday:
Nothing much since I updated a lil. Just doing the usual stuff at school, had Ms Tang returning me my price list which I left at her place. Escalating computers, vendor comes bla bla bla. Yea then went watch movie wif Sunshine in the evening. It's not too bad a show really, since I'm a Jim Carrey fan I do not really mind too much abt the story which takes a narrative role. Jim is really a talented person. The female lead is pretty cute too =) lolx I heard she won some academy award isn't it?

I have to turn in soon. Everyone's system are starting to collapse. I have now...Sylvia, Joselyn, Ms Tang (resolved but RAM issue...), Madelind (waiting for Mobo change), Jinhui (which he says is still ok)...who else...yea just abt it. Really a lot of visiting to do. I guess if I earn $30 per visit, I would have made a small lil pile - unfortunately I do not accept money for such help if I treat them as friends, even in the case of Ms Tang which can be considered a colleague and to-be-friend?

Oh yea. On sunday, Ms Tang did ask me some opinions abt R/S and love but not much. Got me to rethink my opinions again. The same old paradox - to like a person more than the person liking you, or vice versa. I chose the former. However...if I uphold the former, Sylvia will be out of question as I felt she likes me certainly more than I like her. I do suspect of another girl who likes me, but the similar situation happens anyway since I treat that girl as a friend too...well it's only a suspicion so no speculations. As per Ms Tang's view(and mine), she said it's almost very hard to find someone who likes you the same as you do for the other person. That I have to agree, don't you agree too?

Just a final note. While I was checking her system, I saw the name "Angel Tang". Cool. Angel is a cool english name on pple, but that is only if the name and the person fits. I think Ms Tang is ok wif Angel as her english name, besides her chinese name is close to the english name somehow. Just read it fast and you'll get it. Her chinese name is 唐安琼. Am I giving too much away? Only Mad belongs to my school now, so I hope she doesn't get too carried away.

Another note. While I was on way home after Sunshine went back home, I saw some neighbours. You know, there is just one of this things I really HATE in life - the feeling of being invisible. The feeling of being treated as invisible. That gal saw me, but she seemed oblivious. It did not only happen once. Is there anything wrong wif me that she chose to do so? Am I such a disgraceful person to be with, such that she does not want to acknowledge my existence in front of her friends? Even to say, I have seen one of those friends that she was wif. Puzzling. Maybe I tink too much.

I'm off to bed. What a long entry =)

.LuKe.

No comments: