Tuesday, October 17, 2006

Day 2 of Poxication

[CuRRent MooD:] Weak but fine

[CuRRent Song:] None (Maplestory's background music?)

[Last FooD/BeveRage:] Water Chestnut / Water Chestnut drink

Where's day 1? Ehm...hehe ok I'll start with Day 1 but today is Day 2 so...

DAY 1

Fever persisted from Sunday night till Monday, and I've got the premonition It is coming. I haven't had such a fever for a longggg time...so it felt kinda unbearable at moments. However...upon looking at my mummy's efforts to keep me cool (honey drink) even in the wee hours (the ice in the hse was used up), somehow I felt so loved that my mummy has always been there for us.

Anyway, on Monday morning Malcolm msged me instructions of work but I realised I'm not even fit for work - giddiness, painful eyes, lethagic, headache, muscle aches...no way I can move to work. Contacted the necessary people to tell them I'm off to see a doctor while continue resting...and my mummy, poor her did not have a good nite of rest, continued to make the honey drink for me. I love you mummy!

Late morning, got my bro to accompany me to the doc. Doc only gave me headache medicine but 2 days of MC (just in case). Bought my usual packet of duck rice but realised my appetite had taken quite a hit as I was only able to finish half a packet. No choice...after eating, went to bed again.

Woke up in the afternoon and got my laptop on to connect back to GSK. Wow, the number of email are...howdy. Oh yeah, I should set my away from office - should do that soon. Anyway, went to close off some work-related stuff and chatted with my HR fren for a while. Dad bought back 2 coconuts to get the drink out into a cup and got me to drink it. Whew...that's a lot of liquids but I know I need it. After staying in the GSK network for some time (Kamisah needed some help), I turned it off and went to rest again.

Evening, woke up and switched on the PC, chatting with frens and eating my dinner - porridge with preserved cai xin. Oh well, what to do I'm sick. Finishing most stuff, I went to take a bath. Took off my clothes...

...oh shit.

Those things. On my arm. My body. Starting to get obvious.

Tio liao lor!

Bath finished and told my mum that I've contracted it (good thing to our opinion since it's better than contracting it years later). After mapling a little and stuff, I went back to bed.

DAY 2

Woke up in the morning, looked at myself - yeah confirm liao is The Pox. LOL. Then got up to clean up and went to the doc. Wow it was a long wait (like 5 patients) before it's my turn. Went in to tell the doc, the doc inspected me....yeah confirm is Chicken Pox. So he gave some advice blablabla, contacted GMP to make sure they cover the "quick recovery medicine" (which they did - I heard it costs about a hundred!) and yeah, I am a Certified Pox Carrier. (LOL) Walked to buy Chee Cheong Fun (with nothing but soy sauce) and the auntie asked if I had a stomach upset -.- and I replied "no, just not feeling well". Imagine if I tell her "oh I'm on chicken pox" LOL...

Reached home, apply calamine lotion and took the medicine. Wondering what is the "Wonder Medicine"? It's enclosed in a box of 70 tablets (wow) and take 5 times a day (WOW) two tablets everytime (Ooooh) so I'm like swallowing that much pills. So the usual things that EVERYONE repeated umpteen times (but thanks anyway)

No scratching (x dunno how many times)
Dun eat heaty food, oily food blabla (x dunno how many times from 2 persons)
Bath without soap (once for now)
Drink more water (just about the next thing to No Scratching)

Yeah. Haha...so meanwhile I'll be resting at home for 10 days without going out while my poor colleagues struggle for the FDA audit for GSK on the next week. JIAYOU HP Outsource! We are low-life forms aka ants but we can do it!!!

Besides...ants do a lot to the ecosystem, don't you think so?

That concludes Day 2 of Poxication. =) time for bed.

Anyway, an interesting link found by Sunshine. Anything to my name ~ duh

http://www.80stees.com/products/Dukes-Of-Hazzard-Luke-Duke-T-shirt.asp

.LuKe.

No comments: