Wednesday, September 16, 2009

Silence or Weirdo?

[CuRRent MooD:] Fine

[CuRRent Song:] None

[Last FooD/BeveRage:] Fried Fish Bee Hoon / Pokka Premium Milk Tea

Recently 2 things have crossed my path that made me wonder if I speak a little too much for my own good.

The first incident happened on Saturday when I was at my older godsis (Berlinda) place fixing her PC. She mentioned something about the past, which made me react in a nonchalant way - she said that if she could change the past to do things differently, it would have been better and things won't be what it is now. I turned and responded, saying that if she could change the past, the world will be in for disaster. I guess she wasn't too happy with me using the word "disaster" so she replied that only her family will be affected for the good (in her opinion) and questioned how it would have affected others.

Reason being, anything being done at a moment, affects not only yourself but any other person around you, and any other person/thing being directly/indirectly related to it. The thing to change for her was about her sister having to give up on her diploma when she has good grades to go for it. So then, I reacted by responding that yes, if her sis had went for the diploma things would have changed but not only for her family but also the "last person" who managed to get in the course at the sister's expense of not going for the course.

Her response: "That's natural, my sister has better grades so he or she should just give way and my sister deserves it!"

Well, it's factually and logically true, but realistically it didn't happen. Just kinda amused and appalled the way she said it. My point is, if one can change the past, it does not only affect one person but many other people, incidents and factors - if everyone can choose to change their past, the world would be in chaos! I guess her emotions got the better of her and we carried on a 5 minute so-called quarrel (which to me is at most an argument) about this.

Maybe I should have just shut up.

The next one was a short conversation between SJ and I about having additional 24 hours in a day. My thought was that having an extra 24 hours ain't good at all, it just means you do more and get tired more. This didn't generate any big response as SJ mentioned she wanted another 24 hours for herself, but sometimes I do wonder whether I'm speaking too much for my own good.

As what she said, the world ain't changing for any of us.

.LuKe.

No comments: