Friday, July 24, 2009

Updates for Random MS Information (Virtualization and Hackshield?)

[CuRRent MooD:] Fine

[CuRRent Song:] None

[Last FooD/BeveRage:] Milo

From a discussion forum online...

"Multi-core based computers are at a significant disadvantage since Hackshield does not work well with the efficiency at which they work. This forces the user to have to use only one core of its multi-core system. (This is called setting the affinity under Windows XP.) Another issue is that HackShield is a memory hog. Gamers that use on-board graphics could see significant reduction in game play to the point of crashing."

I do not know the true nature and the validity, but my next attempt is to force my guest to run single-core. Will see how it goes.

-- UPDATE @ 2020 hours --

Nope, doesn't work. Still detects as hacking regardless of whether I set affinity to one processor or set priority to high. Well, the CPU I tried is only running on HT (Pentium D...is it even 2 core? I doubt so.), so I do not know if that made a difference. I'll have a last go on my laptop which runs 2 cores (core2duo).

-- UPDATE @ 26 Jul, 1725 hours --

Nope again, not on a Core2Duo either. Guess it's up to AHNLabs...(if they ever bother) to make this work.

.LuKe.

No comments: