Tuesday, December 23, 2008

It's Christmas time in the City~

[CuRRent MooD:] Fine

[CuRRent Song:] None

[Last FooD/BeveRage:] Milo

Actually I do have photo updates, but they are in my lappie so...later eh? :P

And again, a year has gone past and drawing to a close. Many things happened, good bad ugly, decisions made, disappointment and happiness shower on many of us all the time. I haven't been doing a lot of updates on this blog, so my apologies to whoever loyal readers I had left. Since there's not a lot of update, I think it's not difficult to have a quick run-through of what it has been in 2008?

Jan - Feb > about friends' visit to my place during CNY. There I mentioned about Cellie and whatever had happened a year before. I guess I was right to have postponed what I felt till a year later where almost all has waned and in place. Unfortunately on my latest updates, Cellie seemed to have gone back to singlehood and emphasis on her work life is back, though she said she quite enjoyed the work she is doing right now. At least she got a pay raise!!!

Apr > my studies and age catching on me. Well I've not been clubbing for quite a while (cannot say the same for drinking since I did so a while ago with Rykiel and Xing), and studies took a hit when I failed one of my modules. Fortunately though I had a Credit for the module before the one I just completed. In any case, I'm left with the Project module so I gonna brace in for impact!!!

Jul > talks about Michelle's ROM. It was really an emotional thing, and of latest update is now she is in USA with her hubby and a healthy son by the name of Javien! It's great news, and I hope the whole family be safe and happy till time goes on. Also mentioned is the KL trip with my colleagues, but I didn't blog about it! Wahahhaa...I did post pics up in Facebook though. Basically the highlights of the trip includes the meetup of Alicia, a facebook friend I got to know from an app named "Friends For Sale" as well as a 10km (or was it 5km?) run in KL. Also talked about Christina's Asset Management and her "secrets" and a brief introduction of Ashley's experience.

July's really quite an unusual spate of updates, talking about the planned NDP outing as well as flying aeroplanes.

Aug > went to watch NDP preview, courtesy of Lawrence and Patricia. Did manage to watch it with Rykiel and it was a lil tiring but not too bad an evening. Well, things has been ongoing for Pat and Lawrence as they are planning for marriage come June 2009. Wow that's fast. :P Michelle left for USA, my module with ASP.NET with it (as per mentioned above, got a Credit for it) and our Olympic medal after 40+ years. Also a suggested update from a friend I knew quite some time ago from LifeStyleX plus pics.

Sep > clubbing pics of Patricia and Isabelle's birthday. Of course not to mention my lovely dearest Serene, we got together on 21st Aug (this date is subjective but we fixed it so)...it has been ordelous but somehow we managed it :) and the bumping of Emil Chau at Zion Market...hahaha

Oct > weekend getaway to Genting Highlands. First time there, first time wif a loved one, first time out on a climate cooler than Singapore...hahaa many firsts. Many pics (not as many as one might imagine) but it was really a nice trip. Next year we are unable to make it for any trips for the first half year as her colleague beat her to it, so we'll see how it goes coming the second half.

Nov > Highlight is of course, KylieX! Heehee...it was a really really great concert, and sorely missed till like duno when...I'll purchase the KylieX DVD when I have the money! Another highlight was The Lee Guitars concert, pretty nice but reminded my age as I was in no endurance mode for MayDay's rock concert ethics.

It's Xmas soon (2 days) and I've received my pressie from my dear...a wallet and belt combo, and yes I do admit men are boring, but I appreciated her effort and thoughtfulness as my belt is a near-goner...:P I got her next year's JJ Lin's concert (from what I heard, first JJ concert in Singapore) tickets and she was like jumping and shrieking in joy as she didn't even know JJ was organising a concert locally :) love you dear!

It's the time of the year where I have to think of resolutions for next year, and yeah those new year wishes. Come to the end of the year, I'll blog again.

Merry Christmas everyone!

Convenience for the IT techies -
Link for techie resumes: Need a job? Resume tips for techies
Things you must know as an IT pro: The 30 skills every IT person should have

.LuKe.

No comments: